SSC Home Page Link ssclogo_right.png

Ask SSC Responses


2015 Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business

WRRA 2007 Sustainable Business of the Year Winner

2006 Recyclers of the Year

360-734-3490 | 24 Hr Answering Service 360-734-2051 | | Contact Us

Ask SSC Q. How do I recycle bubble wrap?


Bubble Wrap

A. Bubble wrap is "film" (soft) plastic and can be recycled for a small fee during regular business hours at our Bellingham Transfer Station and Recycling Center. Complete info, including a list of other film (soft) and rigid (hard) plastics accepted, is on our website here. Please note: these types of plastics are not accepted for recycling in our curbside program. Here is a link to an Ask SSC/FAQ on this topic:

How do I recycle plastic film, bags, wrap, sheeting and tarps?

Thanks for recycling. For questions or more info, please contact us as or call (360) 734-3490.


About Sanitary Service Company (SSC)

Established in 1929, SSC is Whatcom County's largest recycling and garbage collection service provider, serving 45,000 + customers from Bellingham to Blaine and beyond. SSC was named the 2012 Green Business of the Year by the Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber and is a sustaining member of Sustainable Connections, a Toward Zero Waste Founding Pioneer, 100% Green Power Leader, 5-Star EnviroStar, BizCycle Silver bicycle-friendly business and Whatcom Smart Trips employer. For more info visit Connect with us: Facebook/sscinc and Twitter @sscinctweets.




« Go Back


Sustainable Connections Member

Online Bill Pay Flyer

footer1 footer2

Home | Recycling | Waste | Special Services | News | About Us | FAQs | My Account | Pay Bill | Contact Us