SSC Home Page Link ssclogo_right.png

Ask SSC Responses


2015 Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business

2012 Green Business of the Year

WRRA 2007 Sustainable Business of the Year Winner

2006 Recyclers of the Year

360-734-3490 | 24 Hr Answering Service 360-734-2051 | | Contact Us

Ask SSC Q. How do I dispose of used cooking oil?


Cooking Oil

A: Dear Karen,

For residential customers with used cooking oil, we recommend recycling it via Disposal of Toxics. They offer free drop off of moderate quantities. For questions, contact them direct at (360) 380-4640.

If that is not possible, and it's a small quantity, homeowners may place used cooking oil in a sturdy plastic bottle, seal tightly and place in a plastic bag in garbage. Please make sure oil is cooled before placing in garbage.

For commercial generators of cooking oil, there are options for collection and recycling of used cooking oil.

Locally, Whole Energy pays Whatcom County restaurants to save it for their production of biodiesel in Skagit County. Commercial generators can also search on the web or in the phone book under "Rendering", "Oils-Waste" or “Biodiesel”.

For more info click here or contact us at or (360) 734-3490.


About Sanitary Service Company (SSC)

Established in 1929, SSC is Whatcom County's largest recycling and garbage collection service provider, serving 45,000 + customers from Bellingham to Blaine and beyond. SSC was named the 2012 Green Business of the Year by the Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber and is a sustaining member of Sustainable Connections, a Toward Zero Waste Founding Pioneer, 100% Green Power Leader, 5-Star EnviroStar, bicycle-friendly business and Whatcom Smart Trips employer. For more info visit Connect with us: Facebook/sscinc and Twitter @sscinctweets.





« Go Back


Sustainable Connections Member

Online Bill Pay Flyer

footer1 footer2

Home | Recycling | Waste | Special Services | News | About Us | FAQs | My Account | Pay Bill | Contact Us