Carbon Monoxide Alarms Required in Washington as of Jan.1, 2013
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that cannot be seen or smelled. It can cause illness and death in some situations, particularly within enclosed indoor areas. Carbon monoxide is produced by fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces and vehicles. The most common causes of CO poisoning are the indoor use of charcoal or gas grills, as well as the running of generators in garages or near air intakes.
For information on how to properly recycle or dispose of non-working smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, and the batteries used to run them, click here.
For questions or more info: contact us or call (360) 734-3490.
About Sanitary Service Company (SSC)
Established in 1929, SSC is Whatcom County's largest recycling and garbage collection service provider, serving 45,000 + customers from Bellingham to Blaine and beyond. SSC was named the 2012 Green Business of the Year by the Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber and is a sustaining member of Sustainable Connections, a Toward Zero Waste Founding Pioneer, 100% Green Power Leader, 5-Star EnviroStar, bicycle-friendly business and Whatcom Smart Trips employer. For more info visit ssc-inc.com. Connect with us: Facebook /sscinc and Twitter @sscinctweets.